Requests for Exhibition ProposalsNorthern Clay Center periodically requests guest curating opportunities for exhibitions. These exhibitions require artwork made either partially or completely of ceramic materials. There will be at least one exhibition opportunity each year. Gallery A will be made available for these opportunities. The gallery space measures 31' x 19' with a wall height of 11'. There are two windows on the south wall of the space. The maximum size for an object is 9.5' x 5.5'.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for an exhibition, please provide the following information:
- A cover letter describing the purpose or curatorial intent of the exhibition.
- A resumé.
- A price list including NCC’s 50% gallery commission, if the work is to be for sale.
- A maximum of 20 slides representing the type of work to be included in the exhibition. Each slide must be labeled with the artist's name, title of work, medium, date, size (H x W x D), photo credit, and a dot in the lower left corner to indicate orientation.
- Northern Clay Center is now accepting digital images submitted on a CD. Images must be in JPEG format at 300 dpi. Please be certain to identify all images on the CD with the following information: artist's name, title of work, medium, date, size (H x W x D), photo credit.
- A corresponding image list that includes the same information as the slide labels if submitting slides, or image information on the CD if submitting digital images.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for return of submitted materials. If postage is not included, materials will not be returned.
Proposals should be mailed to:
Northern Clay Center
2424 Franklin Ave. East
Minneapolis, MN 55406
NCC will require that artists or guest curators deliver work to be included in the exhibition to the Clay Center and assist with both installation and de-installation. NCC will provide promotion for the exhibition and a reception for the public.
If your proposal is accepted, you will receive detailed information about schedules and terms.
Please contact the exhibition director with any questions or concerns at 612.339.8007 x 304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.