2016 American Pottery Festival
The Collector Adventure
The 2016 American Pottery Festival Collector Adventure is designed to engage and educate ceramic devotees of all backgrounds—from new buyers, students, and educators, to long-time collectors, and enthusiasts of all kinds. Taking part in the Collector Adventure provides you with superior access to APF activities, both at NCC and around the Twin Cities. The Adventure includes special viewings of private collections, exclusive tours of corporate collections and museums, and access to artist studios in intimate settings.
The Collector Adventure Includes:
- Welcome Cocktail Party and Artist Reception
- Opening Night Benefit Sale, Members Only Preview Hour, and NCC Party of the Year
- Happy Hour with artists and NCC community
Sunday Artist Demonstrations and Lectures
- Two Wild & Crazy Guys with Ted Saupe and Ron Meyers
- He’s Just Your Type with James Lawton
- A Clay Menagerie with Jane Shellenbarger
Private Collections and Exhibitions in the Twin Cities
All collections and exhibitions have been selected because they include ceramic art, but clay may or may not be the central focus of the collection. The collections encompass several generations and artists from Minnesota as well as across the country.
- Two private collections: one is founded on the mission of building a collection of Minnesota contemporary art, including ceramics; the other contains a ceramics collection founded on studio pottery.
- Corporate Collection of Royal Bank of Canada
- Tour of the current exhibition, Brick x Brick, at the Minnesota Museum of American Art
- Studio visit to “the farm,” hosted by Connee Mayeron Cowles and Fuller Cowles
$300 includes APF Sunday workshops, museum admission fees, and Opening Night ticket fees, as well as transportation to each tour venue. Our Collector Adventure guests will travel together in a passenger van, driven by an NCC representative, and accompanied by a tour leader. Thanks to the generous support from two long-time Collector Adventure attendees, NCC has two tour spots available at $120 for full-time university or college students with a valid ID.
For assistance with travel or accommodations, as well as any tour questions, please contact the sales gallery at 612.339.8007 x300, or firstname.lastname@example.org.