- To address the needs of individual professional ceramic artists for working space and facilities, artistic development, income from their profession, and public exposure
- Affordable studio space for resident ceramic artists for one to ten years
- 24-hour access to facility and equipment, including kilns (gas, soda, electric, raku, wood), glaze-mixing room, wheel classrooms with 44 wheels, handbuilding classroom with slab roller
- Private studios: from 100 to 210 square feet; one-year licenses renewable for two to nine years; available on a competitive, juried basis
- Common space: 35 - 72 square feet of vertical storage space and use of common worktables and wheels; one-year licenses renewable for one year; available on a first-come, first-serve basis
The facilities are designed to allow artists to work in an environment that encourages individual expression and artistic growth. NCC strives to include a mix of artists, spanning different stages of experience and specific expressions in clay. We aim for a lively working environment, where artists feel free to develop and exchange ideas with their peers. Apply to be in NCC's studio on the Studio Application page.
Download 2014 Studio Artist Handbook (133 KB PDF)