Request for Exhibition Proposals
Northern Clay Center continually solicits guest curators and exhibition proposals for the Emily Galusha Gallery. These exhibitions require artwork made either partially or completely of ceramic materials. The gallery space measures 31’ x 19’ with a wall height of 11’. There are two windows on the south wall of the space. The maximum size for an object is 9.5’ x 5.5’.
Proposals can be for solo or group exhibitions. Proposals incorporating original or unique pieces made specifically for exhibition at NCC or in response to the space are most likely to be considered.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for an exhibition, please provide the following information:
- A cover letter describing the purpose or curatorial intent of the exhibition (max. three pages, must be .pdf, .doc, or .docx)
- A current resume or CV (max. three pages, must be .pdf, .doc, or .docx)
- An artist statement (max. two pages, must be .pdf, .doc, or .docx)
- Image list with detailed information including dimensions, materials, firing method or finish, and price if the work is to be for sale. (must be .pdf, .doc, or .docx)
- Up to, but no more than, ten digital images of work to be considered for exhibition(max. 2Mb each file, must be .gif, .jpg, or .png)
Submit all application materials to Director of Galleries & Events, Tippy Maurant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCC will make every effort to review and respond to submissions in a timely manner. Please expect the process to take at least 3 months.
NCC will require that artists or guest curators deliver work to be included in the exhibition to the Clay Center and assist with both installation and de-installation. NCC will provide promotion for the exhibition and a reception for the public.
If your proposal is accepted, you will receive detailed information about schedules and terms.
Please contact the Director of Galleries & Events with any questions or concerns at 612.339.8007 x 304 or email@example.com.