Fall at Northern Clay Center continues our tradition of educating the public on a variety of genres of work, techniques possible within the medium, and delights of working with this material. As much of the population gears up for another year or semester of learning, we invite our “students” of all ages and interests to grab their notebooks and pens, favorite clay tools and zest for learning something new, and join us at one or many of the unique programs we have designed for the fall quarter.
- Interested in the idea of collaboration and the ways in which contemporary ceramic artists work together? Visit our Exquisite Pots II: Red-Handed exhibition to see hundreds of examples of pots created during this almost year-long collaboration between eight ceramic artists who employ earthenware. Skip the exhibition labels and challenge yourself to identify the artists’ hands involved in the creation of each pot.
- Want to bring a clay program to your child’s school or your aging parent’s care center? Contact our education department and they can design a clay experience unique to your child’s or parent’s needs or interests. From an afternoon on the potter’s wheel, or an artist demonstration at a care center, to an in-depth, all-day residency at a school, our ClayToGo and ART@HAND programs are uniquely designed to introduce you and your loved ones to this age old art medium.
- Looking for an escape from your busy workday that does not involved technology? Stop in to our sales gallery on your lunch break and browse through our huge inventory of pots; treat yourself to a handmade object that you can bring back to your office.
- Want to meet some of our artists and better understand their making processes? Attend one of many lecture and workshop sessions offered this fall, including the McKnight lecture by Ann-Charlotte Ohlsson on October 15.
- Finally ready to add lifelong learning to your weekly schedule? See our class section for a full schedule of clay classes taking place in our studios. No matter your knowledge level or availability, you are sure to find a program to peak your interest and meet your needs.
- Bookmark northernclaycenter.org and sign up for our email newsletter so that you can stay in touch remotely and view lovely clay examples from our sales gallery and exhibitions online, 24-hours/day. Let us know what you think of our new look. Shop from hundreds of pots online. Learn more about your favorite exhibition artists. Follow the progress of our ClayToGo and ART@HAND programs. All of these things can be possible when you visit our website!
Whatever shape your education takes at NCC this fall, we look forward to producing compelling exhibitions and educational programs that keep you coming back for more. Happy Fall and Happy Learning!